CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Gotta Love Ikea

I love Ikea! The store itself I think can be overwhelming if you don't have a plan first before going in. And you definitely can't make it out of there in 1 1/2 hours (even though that's as long as they'll let your kids stay in the play area). But I love to get inspiration from other places and then try to duplicate it by going to Ikea.

For example, I saw this idea in a Pottery Barn catalog a few years ago.  It would have cost me about $400 - $500 to buy this from Pottery Barn.  But I went to Ikea and found almost the exact same ledge and then bought my frames on sale at Target, which ended up costing me less than $100.




So while searching the www tonight I came across this cool blog where people submit their projects using supplies from Ikea.   http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/

My creative juices are flowing...I'm thinking summer projects!

2 comments:

melanie said...

You got to love to eat at ikea too. cute pictures you frugal mom!
melanie

Unknown said...

You have got to see www.bemz.com

They cover IKEA couches in funky to pretty covers. So, it's like getting a completely custom couch for under $700 (sometimes even less than $300).

Yes, I, too love IKEA