CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

And the winner is...

A few months ago, Jimmy heard that the D'Backs were having a contest. They were wanting fans to email t-shirt designs. So he designed four different shirts, but was only allowed to submit two. Needless to say he talked me into submitting the other two. I had forgotten all about this, when a month ago I get a phone call telling me that I had won! Can you believe it?

Here's the winning design.



They printed 25,000 shirts and gave them out to everyone as they came into the game on Saturday. We got 5 tickets to the game as well. We got there early and they took us out to the field. That was really incredible. We took TJ & my nephew, Riley, and Jimmy's parents. It was fun to watch the boys' eyes bug out.



We hung out in the duggout for a while and then they brought out Brandon Lyon & Augie Ojeda to meet us and sign one of the shirts.





Everyone else then went to find their seats while I was on the field with the other finalists.  Amare Stoudemire (with the Suns) was throwing out the first pitch.  So we met him and I caught this picture of him playing catch with his son.



Then they had us stand on the baseline while they announced all of us.  It was very hard to stand there and smile while this camera was four inches from my face.





Even though the D'backs lost...it was a lot of fun. I think I would have had more fun if Jimmy was on the field instead of me (I think he would have too, he's still a little green with envy), but definitely something we won't forget.




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun experience. Jimmy is obviously talented.

Anne said...

That's awesome Terese! I love the design :) and it sounds like you guys had a great time. I know what you mean about the boys eyes bugging out- my Dad threw out the first pitch last year and even he was was nervous to go out!

Mark and Karen said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! That's all I can say. Great job Jimmy!

Crystal said...

That is classic!!!! I love the picture of you on the screen...I can just see Jimmy dying in the stands, wishing it was him! So funny. That should teach Jimmy not to be sly... :)