CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The New Piano

Last week my grandmother passed away. Which was a blessing! She missed her husband so much, who passed away almost exactly one year before. I went to California for the funeral with my sister, Holly and all but one my brothers and sisters were there too. We had such a great time being together as siblings without spouses or children. My little brother, Marky, and I shared my grandma's room and stayed up all night talking and laughing. It was great!  So as we were going through things my aunt asked me if I wanted the piano.

My grandma bought it when my mom was young and then my aunt had it at her house until she bought one. So of course I jumped at it. Poor TJ has been taking lessons for two years and has had to practice on a keyboard. So we brought it home and are enjoying it immensely! It needs to be tuned and a little maintenance done.  Even Ries loves to play it and he sings (jabbers) along.





Just a few days and it's already brought so much joy in our home! Thank you Aunt Tami!!

5 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun addition to the house. Ries is so big!

Terese Hamilton said...

Erin, I would love to visit your blog!! Could you add me as a visitor?!!

sara said...

how cool to have something so special and useful...Ries is so big!

Unknown said...

It is a treasure, for sure. And, sorry I've been spelling sweet "Ries" wrong. He is so dang cute!!

Love you, Betsy/Betty/Ellie/Bebe/Elisabeth/???
Anna

Crystal said...

Yea! What a fun new toy for the kids! Okay, Terese, it's time to break out that violin your kids don't even know you have...or was it a flute?