CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Chocolate Pizza!

As I was trying to help the kids come up with an idea for Father's Day, I saw this great idea in the Family Fun magazine about a "Pizza of the Month Club". Seeing as Jimmy would eat pizza every day if I let him, I thought it would be a great gift. So we found 12 different pizza places where we could go as a family each month to eat and I made a little coupon booklet.



Then my friend, Anna, told me about Cerreta's Candy Company in Glendale, (click here) where you could go have a free tour of the factory and then make chocolate pizzas! (thanks Anna!)  Well, that just topped off our gift idea! So off we went with Nicky and her girls and had a great time. The kids loved it (but were a little confused as to where the Oompa Loompas were)!


Our only disappointment was that the summer is not a busy time for them. The only candy making we saw was the caramel machine.  We were just told what the other machines were used for and how they worked. But they did make it up with some free samples. We'll definitely go back in the fall or winter when we can see them all in action!  (and eat more chocolate!)




Jimmy - here's what it looked like before the words ran together. Happy Father's Day! We Love You!!

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Amy said...

That's a great idea! The chocolate factory looks like tons of fun. We toured one in Seattle, and loved it!

Unknown said...

Love it! Bummer about the machines being out of commission. Next time, right? Thanks for the props! (And for being the only one who comments on my chocolate site AND my choose the write blog--what a friend!).

BTW, Ries looks SO OLD in the sidebar picture! darling

melanie said...

What a great wife you are. Looks fun. I want to go with you when you go back.

Anne said...

That looks like so much fun! I agree with Anna about Ries looking so old- I can't believe how fast he's growing up, he's such a little stud!

sara said...

how fun...i have always wanted to go to that candy place...i also love your gift, i might just have to use that one for Brian sometime!